Saturday, 20 March 2010

~The Interview with God~/Musings from Kate ...

http://www.theinterviewwithgod.com/popup-frame.html

Kate's (Facebook) musings ...

 

"Am I the only one who's traded in the altar for a stage?" ~ from a song by Casting Crowns.

 

What is the ALTAR? It is who we truly are ... who we were created to be.

 

What is the STAGE? It is who we've become thru insisting on an identity
of our own making. It's our seeming experiences, our perceptions and
reactions to those experiencess, our beliefs and our assumptions ... and
the list goes on ...

 

What is so scary about leaving the stage? On some level we believe it
means certain death but instead, it is the way to LIFE.

 

There is NOTHING wrong with who we truly are. God doesn't make mistakes
... but we do. 

 

Nothing is unforgivable ... nothing unreal lasts forever.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ 


KATE: What do people think of this? ... 

 

In order to have the atonement and the Peace of God, we must forgive EVERYONE. Holding a grievance toward even ONE person will keep us in our own seeming separate world and in pain. We must hand all our perceived grievances over and let them go. Huh? Just a thought ...

 

CHRIS replies: It is not any easy thing to do especially if you were the one who was wronged. (-:

 

KATE: Ah yes, but what can we ever really do about it? If we continue to hold a grievance, what does that really acheive? We can take people to court, confront them, even beat the crap out of them, but where does that get us spiritually and emotionally?

 

What about handing the person/issue over to God, Holy Spirit, or whoever we feel is appropriate? Trick is, to be able to do that without needing to believe they will "get their just desserts". We need to trust that Higher Power knows what is best for them, not us.

 

Seems like a weight off the shoulders perhaps?! I think we have to come to that point in ourselves, in our own time. We have to let go of our sense of "identity", which most of us cling to for all we are worth, believing that death is the alternative. Truth is, by holding grievances we are choosing death, in fact, for grievances will inevitably manifest in such things as addictions and poor physical health, to name a couple....

 

I think I'm starting to get it-??!! So long as we hold a grievance of any kind toward anyone, we are bonded with that person in the most consuming and unhealthy way, tho we may try to kid ourselves otherwise, even using "spiritual rituals" etc. etc.

 

Wow, never underestimate the power of BELIEF ... be it for God or for ego!!!

 

Do the unthinkable, lol ... CHOOSE LIFE!!! ♥

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Hi folks! I had what I have come to believe was a brief spiritual awakening when I was about 21 or so. I have also met other folk who have had similar experiences, one in particular also describing the experience as "ordinary".


In a nutshell, it was like going from hell to heaven, then back to hell. Heaven was the experience of awakening. I would describe it as so very, very ordinary. There was no pain, no suffering, no confusion - only love, joy, peace and certainty. My only immediate desire, at that point, was to share the experience with those around me at the time.


However, as I said, it was awesome, but so very ordinary - very "normal". So much so that I quickly chose to buy into what I perceived as happening outside of me, (i.e. some people DID NOT want to hear my revelations, lol!) and I ended up right back where I'd been ... even worse! I gave in to temptation as quickly as I had surrendered to Truth.


What I am trying to say is ... an ordinary day is indeed a good one! I believe that is why we end up in such pain ... the temptation to believe there's something better, something more exciting "out there" - not being simply contented with who we are and where we are at.


One of my biggest temptations has been in how to react to "abuse" and "injustice". We always have a choice but mostly seem to want to carry on hurting ourselves. For some of us, it sure seems like a huge obstacle to overcome.


I've always felt I'm an addict, tho I have no obvious addictions ... oh except maybe food ... yes food. But ... my real addiction is to guilt and fear, to pain and suffering.


I think, just maybe, this sums up the ultimate challenge of the human condition?



No comments:

Post a Comment